Thursday, September 30, 2010

General Conference


I just wanted to remind everyone of General Conference this weekend. You can watch it at the church, on byu tv, or on your computer at www.lds.org. With so many ways to watch it there's no excuse not to!!!

Saturday: 12:00-2:00, 4:00-6:00
Priesthood session 8:00-10:00 at the church building. This is the only place your husbands and sons can watch this so please encourage them to go and watch. It will bless their lives and your family's lives.

Sunday: 12:00-2:00, 4:00-6:00

I have always enjoyed conference and hearing the prophets and apostles words. This past April I had a few things on my mind. I decided to pray before I watched conference and ask that I might receive answers as I listened to the speakers at conference. I was amazed as I watched all the sessions that I received the answers and guidance that I needed. It seemed like the entire conference was about my two concerns. As I got my Conference issue of Ensign the next month I went through it and highlighted all quotes and information that related to my two concerns. I picked one color marker for each concern and started highlighting. Each page was filled with wonderful thoughts on each issue. Here is an example of just one page.




Here is a story I found: Henry B. Eyring, “Rise to Your Call,” Ensign, Nov 2002, 75
Not long ago, a young man I did not know approached me in a crowded place. He said quietly but with great intensity: “Elder Eyring, I have just been called as the president of my elders quorum. What advice do you have for me?” I was sure that what he needed to know and to feel I couldn’t give him there, with the people rushing past us. And so I said, “I will give you my counsel in general conference.”

I am grateful I decided to do more than just watch conference. I also prayed and listened for ways the words of modern day leaders could help me in my life today. I encourage all of you to think about something you are struggling with and go to the Lord in prayer. Then, listen in conference to all the wonderful thoughts from the leaders and pay attention to the Spirit that you feel. You will be amazed as I was!

No comments: