Saturday, June 5, 2010

Branch Relief Society President Thought

“When we invite the Holy Ghost to fill our minds with light and knowledge, He “quickens” us, that is to say, enlightens and enlivens the inner man or woman. As a result we notice a measurable difference in our soul. We feel strengthened, filled with peace and joy. We possess spiritual energy and enthusiasm, both of which enhance our natural abilities. We can accomplish more than we otherwise could do on our own. We yearn to become a holier person.” (Keith K. Hilbig, “Quench Not the Spirit Which Quickens the Inner Man,” Ensign, Nov 2007, 37–39)

I know it is imperative that we feel the Spirit in our lives each and every day. It can be difficult to set aside our busy schedules and daily tasks to make room for the Spirit to fill us. Each time I feel the spirit, it motivates me to be a better person, it opens my mind to inspiration to help me with my daily struggles, it keeps me on the right track, and it makes me happy. That is why I need to feel the Spirit each day.

Something I have found to help me feel the Spirit each day is by listening to uplifting music and talks on my mp3 player while I clean the house. Anytime I do the dishes, vacuum, do laundry, pick up after the kids etc, I put my headphones on and get to work. Each and every time I do this, I feel the spirit.

Here are a few places I have found great things to listen to while I work. They are mp3 files that you can download to your computer. Right click on each link and choose “save target as” to save them.
http://www.lds.org/mp3/newarchive/0,18615,5249-1,00.html
-Ensign, scriptures, General Conference, other manuals, etc

http://www.byub.org/talks/
-BYU Women’s Conference talks, Education Week talks, devotionals etc.

http://radio.lds.org/eng/programs
-Mormon Channel LDS Radio Station has several programs including “Conversations” –interviews with apostles etc, “Music with a Message”-inspirational music with spiritual thoughts, and many more.

Please share with us ways you have found to invite the Holy Ghost to fill your minds each day. We would love to share your ideas too!
leave a comment or email me any ideas you'd like to share!

Mindy Zeigler

No comments: